Yes, The God of the Bible and the Quran are the same though Christians will deny this fact because they were taught to believe in the Trinity, a man-made believe. You can read more about the Trinity and how it came into practice under the Christianity tab of this website. Nowhere in the Bible can the word Trinity be found, nor did Jesus (pbuh) ever teach the Trinity.
The fact that God is referred to as Allah in the Quran and different names in the Bible like Yahwe, Elohim, El Elyon, Eli etc. does not mean that these are different Gods. Christians never say that the different names of God used in the Bible are different God’s so why would the name Allah used for God in Arabic be a different God? The confusion comes back to the Trinity. The Christian belief of God and what is taught in the Bible and by all the prophets are vastly different. Hence, Christians do not believe in the same God as Muslims but the Bible and the Quran speaks of the same God.
The following proves the point:
- Jews and Muslims believe in the same God. Refer to the Video below where you can see a Rabbi confirming this fact.
- The Old testament which is the book of the Jews speaks only of the ONE God, the creator of all things which is the same as Islamic teaching.
Isaiah 45:21-22 – “Declare and set forth your case; Indeed, let them consult together.
Who has announced this from of old? Who has long since declared it? Is it not I, the Lord? And there is no other God besides Me, A righteous God and a Savior; There is none except Me. “Turn to Me and be saved, all the ends of the earth; For I am God, and there is no other.
Quran [112:1-4] Say, “He is Allah, [who is] One, Allah, the Eternal Refuge. He neither begets nor is born, Nor is there to Him any equivalent.
Quran [6:102] That is Allah, your Lord, there is no god but He; the Creator of all things, therefore serve Him and He has charge of all things.
- All prophets of the Bible and the Quran are the same prophets and they all speak of the same God. [Quran 4:163] Indeed, We have revealed to you, [O Muhammad], as We revealed to Noah and the prophets after him. And we revealed to Abraham, Ishmael, Isaac, Jacob, the Descendants, Jesus, Job, Jonah, Aaron, and Solomon, and to David We gave the book [of Psalms].
- Jesus (pbuh) confirms several times in the Bible that he was sent by God like all messengers and prophets are sent by God for the purpose of revealing the word of God
42 Jesus said to them, “If God were your Father, you would love me, for I have come here from God. I have not come on my own; God sent me.
“Jesus answered them and said, “My doctrine is not Mine, but His who sent Me.”
“For I have not spoken on My own authority; but the Father who sent Me gave Me a command, what I should say and what I should speak.”
The Quran confirms that Jesus (pbuh) was sent by God. Quran [5:46] And We sent, following in their footsteps, Jesus, the son of Mary, confirming that which came before him in the Torah; and We gave him the Gospel, in which was guidance and light and confirming that which preceded it of the Torah as guidance and instruction for the righteous.
5. If you look at the Bible translated into Arabic on www.biblegateway.com, you will see the word used for God is also Allah. The meaning of Allah is “the one and only God”. From the first screenshot you can see Arabic text and I have highlighted the name Allah in yellow. On the second screenshot you can see the English with the name God in the exact same places.